September 20, 2021 Update: Our Calgary Dentist, Dr. Dirk Thompson, in NW Calgary (Kensington / Hillhurst / Sunnyside) Continues to Ensure Your Safety During the COVID-19 Pandemic
As new COVID-19 restrictions come into force on September 20, 2021 pursuant to the state of emergency declared by the Alberta government, we wish to advise our patients that, other than the requirement to wear a mask while in our dental office and not undergoing treatment, the new restrictions DO NOT apply to dental offices. All patients, whether vaccinated or non-vaccinated, will continue to receive all treatment from our Calgary dentist, Dr. Dirk Thompson, and his dedicated dental team. Although the new restrictions do not affect dental offices, we continue to make the health and well-being of our patients, team members and community our priority while at the same time striving to provide our patients with exceptional dental care in a warm, caring and inviting environment.
As the Alberta Dental Association & College has recommended that all Calgary dentist offices continue to follow COVID-19 enhanced infection protection and prevention protocols as much as possible, our Calgary dental office's COVID-19 policies and procedures remain in place, including mandatory mask wearing as mandated by the Alberta Government commencing September 4, 2021. Some of our additional COVID-19 protocols include the following:
- Maintaining a physical barrier at our dental reception desk.
- Requesting patients to perform hand hygiene upon entering our dental office.
- Wearing enhanced personal protective equipment.
- Screening for COVID-19 symptoms and risk factors of all patients, team members and visitors to our dental office.
- Cleaning the reception area with appropriate disinfectants frequently.
- Minimizing the number of patients in the reception area.
- Requiring that at all staff and visitors wear a mask while at our office and patients wear a mask while not in the dental chair.
- On request, setting aside special appointment times for high-risk patients.
- Maintaining portable HEPA filtration units in every dental operatory.
For more information regarding the COVID-19 specific procedures instituted at our Calgary dentist office, we invite you to review our dedicated COVID-19 web page which is accessible at the top of our main page.
We thank you for your continued patience and hope that everyone enjoys these last weeks of summer with many happy, healthy smiles.
We look forward to seeing you. Take care, stay well and smile!
Dr. Dirk A. Thompson &
the Advance Your Health Dental Team